Monday 8 September 2008

Our adventure to North Korea
















This weekend, we went to the Demilatarized Zone (DMZ). This is the border zone between North and South Korea. There is basically a 4 km area between both countries that we are allowed to go into. By doing this, we are able to see North Korea!





Here we are right outside the DMZ. Below, I am at a traditional watering spring. There was one canister for everyone to drink out of.















At the DMZ, we were only allowed to take pictures in certain areas. Here I am before we knew this. North Korea is in the background.



Here we are right in front of North Korea's Embassy. This North Korean soldier is keeping a close eye on our group.
















1 comment:

Cheyenne and John said...

Hey girl!!! So glad you got the blog up! I love pictures, but it is so much better to know the story behind the pictures too!! I miss you guys but I talk to Terri and it's sooooo good to hear you are doing so great over there!!!
So is that guard scoping you guys through binoc's?
Anyway- love the blog and I'm excited to keep up with your crazy Korean adventures!!!